This weekend is Memorial Day, the cultural start of summer in these United States. And it wouldn’t be summer without a proper summer cocktail. So here again is the recipe for Nita Ritas, as invented by my lovely bride, Nita.
(Note: If this looks different from last year, hey, it’s our drink. We’re just letting you make one for yourself.)
Three parts Cuervo Tequila Mix
Two parts Cuervo Gold
One part secret ingredient. What’s the secret ingredient? Depends on the Nita Rita you want:
- Jamaican Nita Rita: Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- Kentucky Nita Rita: Jim Beam Red Stag
- Tennessee Nita Rita: Jack Daniels
- Irish Nita Rita: Jameson
- Canadian Nita Rita: Crown Royal
- Russian Nita Rita: Vodka, preferably Gordons or Grey Goose
- Jaeger Nita Rita: Now that’s just asking for trouble
Drink responsibly. The Nita Rita, created by my wife, the incomparable Nita.