If there are two things I won’t miss about 2010, they are the midterm elections and unemployment. The former ends in November, when reality sets in for all the obnoxious fear mongers who get themselves elected. Yes, Rand Paul, the rest of the Senate doesn’t love you like half of Kentucky voters do. The latter?
Working on it.
So what was bad about 2010?
- The midterms. This time, it was the left’s turn to get callouses on their right ear. Should the economy improve more noticeably between now and 2012, it’ll be the right and their left ear.
- Icelandic volcanoes
- BP – Why are they still in business?
- BigHugeCo downsized. On the upside, they financed the rest of my summer vacation.
- Snooki. Need I say more?
So what was cool?
- The iPad. Whether you think Steve Jobs is the Second Coming or you can’t stand those smug bastards in Cupertino, you have to admit, the iPad brought us a cool new class of gadget. And being a developer with an eye on doing mobile apps, nothing could be cooler than a new wave of these devices running on… Droooiiiid!
- Unemployment still sucks, but the economy is showing a few rays of sunshine. Here’s a hint, Wall Street. You’ll make more money if your parasitic analysts quit telling companies to send jobs off shore. If you have to do that, there are a pair of countries on our borders that buy most of what we export who could use the money more than India or Vietnam.
- Shit My Dad Says – Yes, critics hate it, but it’s a cranky old William Shatner. What’s not to love?
- The Cincinnati Reds. Yeah, the Reds. After 15 years, our long, local nightmare is over.