- Marillion should have a bigger American following. They’re better (and less arrogant) than Oasis, less commecial than Coldplay, and about as good as Radiohead. Hell, they sounded like Radiohead before Radiohead did. Plus, they’ve got that great prog backlist with Fish as the lead singer.
- I could take the Tea Party Movement more seriously if they’d stop letting in the jackasses who say things like “Keep the government out of Medicaid!” Um… It’s a government program, dumbass.
- Likewise, the longer guys like Tim Pawlenty and and Bobby Jindahl are criticized by the GOP’s base as being “not conservative enough,” the faster the United States will become a one-party nation. Lighten up, wingnuts. You don’t have a monopoly on the truth, and you are being heard. We’d just like you to quit screaming so we can hear what the other 80% of Americans have to say. How about this? The GOP jettisons the base and gets back to their real core principles, which, incidentally, bear little resemblance to the average wingnut’s manifesto.
- I like flying Delta so much better now that Cincinnati Airport is now a hub in name only. I’ll like CVG even more when they get Air Tran, Jet Blue, or Southwest to take over Terminal C.
- Florida is a great place to be in October for those of us in the Midwest. Even better in February.
- Adam Lambert will likely be the next David Bowie if he ever puts American Idol firmly in his rearview mirror. Thanks for the start, Simon. Now get out of the way.
- Why is it whenever the anti-gambling ads here in Ohio say “Fact!” they follow it up with a bald-faced lie every single time? If opponents to Ohio casinos object to gambling on moral grounds, shouldn’t they also object to their own dishonesty on those same grounds? Sure, it’s politics, but I’m used to candidates lying. Those supporting issues should be held to a higher standard.
- I switched my loyalty to the Bengals about three years ago (after living in Cincinnati for fifteen years). Great to see that finally pay off this year. Still don’t regret using my Ocho Cinco shirt to clean the condo with last year.
- A couple of weeks ago at Starbucks, two Ohio State fans stood in line in front of me aghast that people in Cincinnati would root for anyone besides the Buckeyes. “That’s cute,” one of them said. “They think the (University of Cincinnati) Bearcats are going to a bowl game.” His friend responded, “Yeah, no one will ever eclipse Ohio State.” This week, Cincinnati is ranked 8th. Ohio State? 17th. And Cincinnati’s QB is a contender for the Heisman. Monopoly’s over, kids, unless you want to lure Brian Kelly to Columbus. Chances of that? Slim, meet none; none, slim.
- Ford: No government money, rated better than Honda and Toyota, still in business. GM: Took the government loan, did everything they planned to do before Wall Street nearly destroyed capitalism (and they aren’t done screwing themselves yet), put out a decent line of new cars. Chrysler: WTF? Maybe Fiat will keep Jeep alive. Someone always does.
- Winter sucks. It’s cold, wet, and dark. Why couldn’t I have called myself “Sumner” or “Fall” instead? “Spring” is too much like “Springer.” Not happening. Oh, well. Too late now.
- Heard about the controversy surrounding the Chris Farley clip from Tommy Boy in the DirecTV ad? People, get a freaking grip! It’s a clip from a movie used in a commercial! It’s not like they turned Farley into a meat puppet to dance around on stage during Saturday Night Live. Another example of the dumbing down of America.
- Happy Halloween!
UPDATE: Aw, are Buckeye fans upset Cincinnati is ahead in the polls? Too friggin’ bad!